Mermaid Consultants offers multiple area of modern experimental assessment ways to cover many different types of marine and offshore structures model tests. We have been providing excellent service to provide exact prediction of power requirements for the full-scale ship from the model test results. Apart from that, excellent services in the model test procedure preparation and test follow-up to ensure best execution and estimation of results.
Before model test we provide these services:
- Model test procedure and consultancy
- Coordination with Towing tank company
- Model test results estimation via. CFD
- Vessel lines optimization and Propeller design
- Evaluation of measuring points
- Preliminary prognosis calculation after every model test run
- Vessel basic parameters and lines optimization
- Optimization of ship geometry appendages by CFD calculations
Aerodynamic CFD simulation of superstructure is now a well established theory. The superstructure of ships and offshore structures includes complex arrangements, imposing high vortical flows, which becomes very significant for resistance prediction
Correct estimation of three dimensional flow around these structures, proves CFD a ultimate tool for ships and offshore structure already in construction phase.